After 11 days I finally had to part with my new best friend for a while. Over the course of the past couple weeks I have spent at least a couple hours of quality time (sometimes even the entire day) with my friend. My friend was here for me in good times and bad through the ugly cries in my room, laughs on the couch and walks along the river. Sadly last night I had to finally call it quits with my besty for a while and toss them in the wash with the rest of my laundry. Time to move on and trade them in for my scrubs and stethoscope. Some day I shall write a clever poem as an ode to my favorite sweats, a limerick maybe.

My second day of my internship went very well. It was an interesting experience to say the least. In my 12 hours I went from 4 patients on the floor to 1 at the end of the shift. Highlights of the day include being told "I know I'm being a bitch but I can't help it...I have like a hundred broken bones in my feet" from the 28 year old female that jumped 30 feet down from the HCMC parking ramp and sending a 61 year old man back to the OR because his wound dehisced and I could see a little bit of intestine poking out.
1 comment:
I had to push a tenants rectum back in last night at h.c. that's as close to doing a nurses job i am comfortable with. pulse, respirations, blood pressure, changing bandages, the minor things..thats ok.
no gsw's yet huh? must get pretty intense there some days. so does everybody go hang out at the local bar at the end of their shift like on ER?
good luck and congrats a little early on finishing nursing school! you must be glad it's over.
Post a Comment