Skill 2: Recipe sharing
This skill might be more appealing if I had actually tried this recipe but alas I have not yet had the chance. Despite this I am hoping that the results will be good enough that we not longer have to but the bars in bulk (see below) to keep Dad happy. On a similar note, if Gram and Auntie do perfect this recipe to his liking they could start a small business endeavor out of their kitchens. :)
1st layer:
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups peanut butter
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 package (4 serving pack) instant vanilla pudding
4 cups rice krispies
Over low heat melt brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and pudding until melted.
Mix with rice krispies and put in pan. Cool.
2nd layer:
1 stick margarine melted
1/2 cup milk
4 cups powdered sugar
remaining pudding mix
Mix and spread over cooled 1st layer. Chill again.
Frosting:
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Melt and spread over 2nd layer. Cool some more.
ENJOY!
Personal commentary:
I noticed there is a lot of "chilling" involved; sounds very relaxing. There is also a lot of "mixing" involved which Molly will enjoy OR for a good laugh you can label yourself "Mix Master (fill your name in here) " and act like that is a totally legitimate name for a pudding bar baker extraordinaire!
Keep tuned for more updates on my sweet skills (and the New Kids concert).
Keep tuned for more updates on my sweet skills (and the New Kids concert).
No comments:
Post a Comment