Monday, December 8, 2008

I almost forgot...

ALMOST!

Since I didn't work or have class in which I needed to write the date on anything it wasn't until this morning that I realized that yesterday was December 7th AKA Pearl Harbor Day AKA the day that Grandpa passed away. Despite my forgetting until today I think I would have done gramps proud.

Sunday Dec 7, 2009
  • Woke up (slightly hungover) and watched the sun rise on Sugar Lake
  • Watched as 3 ice houses were put up in the following 3 hrs and snow began to steadily fall
  • Helped make a hearty breakfast for 10 with my cousin
  • Made 3 beds and cleaned all the surfaces in the garage/bar area
  • Gave 8 hugs goodbye
  • Drove home through the woods in the beautiful snow listening to the Vikings game on the radio
  • Commented on numerous ice homes, fish statues and smoke houses
  • Went home and changed into my snow stuff
  • Drove out to a tree farm, helped pick out a decent 9-footer fir and watched Ryan chop it down and tie it to the roof of the car with his dad
  • Had some meat and twice baked potatoes for dinner
  • Watched the Albert Lea episode of Extreme Home Makeover
  • Took a shower and went to bed early

A decent day to remember if you ask me!

1 comment:

Sue said...

So you got to take a Christmas Tree for a ride!!!